STYLE | CUSCO x ASOS AFRICA

1.12.16


It was Yohji Yamamoto who said "Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy--but mysterious. But above all black says this: 'I don't bother you, so don't bother me.'" It is hard to disagree with most of what he says, but surely I don't want to come across as arrogant or unapproachable (although, it wouldn't hurt sometimes). Wearing black represents a plethora of other traits and virtues. Some that come to mind are freedom, powerful, passion, fortitude, prudence, elegant, and the list goes on. 
As you might have gathered--either from my extended periods of absence or just from my posts--I travel a lot, mostly for work, and with such a lifestyle comes a rather systematised set up when it comes to my luggage. The majority is made up of....you guessed it...black. Black shoes, black tops, and black bottoms. Usually, at least two of each, then two items that offer a pop of colour and at least two white tops (a shirt is a must).  Most importantly, my suitcase is never complete without a ton of accessories. Usually, I throw in this old ASOS Africa top, but almost always I have a pair of leggings I bought from the Ethical Superstore. The necklace is actually a gift from my sister, which, initially, I wasn't too keen on, as it reminded me of something an anthropological academic would wear--oh, right, I AAAAMMM an Anthropologist. However, I grew to love it in all it's organic it with, and was so glad to have an outfit to pair  it with. 
Below, are photos of this little number along with some of my shots of a stroll throughout Cusco on the same day.

























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe