MEAT FREE MONDAY | Cucumber Salad with Roasted Chickpeas

19.8.13

Photo: Oh She Glows
I've been having so much fun playing housewife on weekends while we've been housesitting for our friends in their hilltop house in Diego Martin. Stacy does most of the cooking in our long distance (blogging) relationship but I've been feeling V inspired since having my own space to experiment in. Angela from Oh She Glows makes amazing vegan recipes a few of which I've been trying out lately. This cucumber with roasted chickpea (channa) salad has become a favourite, it's delicious and oooh so easy. Angela's recipe here, my changes after the jump. 

Angela's Dressing:

1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1.5-2 tablespoons natural cane sugar, to taste
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt

My Dressing:

A splash of organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of honey (dissolved in a dash of hot water)
A good shake of sesame oil
A touch of black pepper
A pinch of salt

I substituted locally grown shadon beni for the coriander (cilantro), yellow peppers for the red and spring onions from the garden for the red onion.

Either way, if you want something delish, light and with a bit of crunch, this is the perfect recipe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe